Breast Cancer Initiative East Africa, Inc conducts a number of breast cancer awareness outreach programs in Africa and in America. Our recent outreach includes :
- 2014 : 2014 BCIEA Community Health-Fair, Highlights the 2014 BCIEA & GECC Community Health Fair
- 2013 : 2013 BCIEA INC HIGHLIGHTS, A summary of highlights for BCIEA INC activities in 2013.
November, 2012 : BCIEA Annual Fundraising Dinner, Houston, Texas with Dr M. Ross from MD Anderson and Ms. Mary Nana Whitmeyer from Westside Surgical Hospital our Guest Speakers.
- October 2012 : Ulinzi Walk commemorated the Breast Cancer Month. Although not a massive crowd, the walk drew over 280 people. They walked together, unified with a common goal; learning, loving, leaning on each other and talking openly, each step they took.
- October, 2012 : A Craft Fair for breast cancer awareness was sponsored by ROC Partners, The Point Business Center and Eklekit Designs at Christ’s Church Rwanda.
- July 2011- March, 2012: BCIEA-Houston project : 8 monthly workshops held at the YMCA International Center, with the goal of increasing breast cancer awareness, education and access to services among 50 East African Women Refugees, ages 28-73 living in Harris County, Texas.